07 Aug Vanilla Brown
The Vanilla Bean Whiskey Sour, or Vanilla Brown for short – is a modern take on a classic cocktail that has been enjoyed for ages. Real vanilla bean flows effortlessly with the natural vanilla, caramel & molasses notes of Makers Mark; Making this drink marriage, a match made in heaven. It is balanced with a chamomile-infused lemon juice & aquafaba instead of egg white to ensure everyone can enjoy!
- 2oz – Makers Mark
- 1oz – Chamomile- Infused Lemon Juice
- 1.5 oz – Vanilla bean Simple
- 1oz- Aquafaba
Build ingredients into cocktail shaker, Shake & strain into coupe glass
Chamomile infused – Lemon juice
- Juice 10-12 large lemons into sauce pan
- Add 2 bags of Tazo Chamomile tea
- Bring to a low simmer, and steep for 10 minutes, or until the aroma is vibrant
- Double strain into a container to get rid of any lemon pulp.
Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup
- Add equal parts sugar and water to sauce pan (1.5 cups)
- Simmer mixture into simple syrup
- While simple is boiling, Carefully harvest 3 pods of Neilsen-Massey Vanilla Beans, making two long incisions along the vanilla, cutting each pod into 4 long ribbons.
- Add the vanilla bean paste & ribbons created from the pod shells into the simple and boil 5-7 minutes.
- During boiling add in 6 bar spoons of Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
- Remove pods from mixture and save for garnish step
- Remove from heat, and let cool before storing
Garnish: Dehydrated Lemon Zest & Dehydrated Vanilla Pod
Dehydrated Vanilla Bean Garnish
Place candied vanilla bean in air fryer, toaster oven, or oven (I used my air fryer which has a dehydration setting) on 120 degrees for 4 hours and remove
Dehydrated Lemon Zest
Zest 3-4 large lemons
Place in air fryer on 120 degrees for 2 hours